5 steps to a stellar service story
Service stories aren’t news articles. Which means that the inverted pyramid isn’t the right structure.
Instead, use the feature-style story structure, and organize your piece like this:
Introduce your piece in the intro.
1. Illustrate your point in the lead. Grab attention by showing instead of telling, as in this piece on 7 steps to service stories.
2. Summarize your story in the nut graph. Now that you’ve grabbed reader attention by showing, it’s time to tell folks where you’re taking them.
Fill In the Blanks to a Better Blog Post
Would you like to master a structure that’s been proven in the lab to:
- Attract 300% more readers (Groove HQ)
- Get more social media shares (Reuters Institute)
- Boost readership, understanding, engagement, interest, satisfaction and more (The Poynter Institute, The Readership Institute, the American Society of News Editors and the Newspaper Association of America)
- Fill in the blanks to the best survey story you’ve ever written, using our easy template.
- Get a simple template for crafting a tipsheet that almost writes itself.
- Write a great case study: It’s easy with our annotated example.
Save $200 when you book by Dec. 31.