Edit, write & repeat at Catch Your Readers in Chicago
In the crunch of writing headlines and meeting deadlines, it sometimes seems as if there’s not enough time to pause and reflect on how you’re doing.
But at Catch Your Readers, a two-day Master Class on April 21-22 in Chicago, you’ll get a chance to write, edit and rewrite; get and give feedback; and leave with a totally rewritten piece. In the process, you’ll:
- Master the techniques you learn in the workshop by applying them immediately
- Gain valuable insights on your work from your peers and me
- Learn to analyze and improve others’ writing — the best skill you can develop for improving your own work
Deadline extended! And if you act by March 31, you can save up to $300 on registration.
Fill your toolbox with tricks.
In two days, you’ll have time to cram your writer’s tool bag with tricks — hard-to-find but easy-to-implement techniques that will help you:
- Think Like a Reader: Learn to move people to act
- Go Beyond the Inverted Pyramid: Master a structure that’s been proven in the lab to reach more readers
- Cut Through the Clutter: Make every piece you write measurably easier to read and understand
- Lift Your Ideas Off the Page Or Screen: Reach flippers and skimmers, increase readership
- Edit, write, repeat: Bring your laptop and a story to work on, write and rewrite, get and give feedback, and leave with a totally rewritten piece
Meet me in Chicago.
I love you, Portland, but I’ve got to say, I think Chicago is the most beautiful city in the United States. You’ve got the history of 20th century architecture reflected in a glittering river. You’ve got buildings by two of my favorite Franks, Mssrs. Lloyd Wright and Gehry. And then there’s that magnificent ‘bean’!
Why not make a long weekend of it?
I, for one, will be winding down from the workshop by taking an architectural riverboat cruise, spending my retirement savings on The Magnificent Mile, catching the latest shows at Steppenwolf and Second City, eating whatever Rick Bayless sets in front of me at Topolobampo and ogling the Impressionists at “the best art museum in the world” (TripIt), the Chicago Art Institute.
Maybe we’ll run into each other!
Deadline extended! Save up to $300 — register by March 31
I have no doubt that this Master Class will be the best money you invest on your professional development this year.
Plus, now you can save up to $100 with early bird registration if you sign up by March 31. And if you’re one of the first 20 people to register, you’ll get a free, three-month subscription to Rev Up Readership.
Save even more and earn more bonuses when you bring a friend, refer a friend or belong to RevUpReadership.com or PRSA.