Steal a trick from CD Baby & make your copy personable
This little note arrived in my email box the other day:
Thanks for your order with CD Baby!
Your CD has been gently taken
from our CD Baby shelves
with sterilized contamination-free gloves
and placed onto a satin pillow.
A team of 50 employees inspected your CD and polished it to make sure it was in the best possible condition before mailing. Our world-renowned packing specialist lit a local artisan candle and a hush fell over the crowd as he put your CD into the finest gold-lined box that money can buy.
We all had a wonderful celebration afterwards and the whole party marched down the street to the post office where the entire town of Portland waved “Bon Voyage!” to your package, on its way to you, in our private CD Baby jet on this day, June 18, 2012.
We hope you had a wonderful time shopping at CD Baby. In commemoration, we have placed your picture on our wall as “Customer of the Year.” We’re all exhausted but can’t wait for you to come back to CDBABY.COM!!
Thank you, thank you, thank you!
We miss you already. We’ll be right here at http://cdbaby.com/, patiently awaiting your return.
The little store with the best new independent music
The best Web copy is packed with personality. What can you steal from CD Baby to make your emails and other Web copy warmer and more personable?
Want to make your copy more amusing?
- Get it off your desk: Bring Ann’s team in to handle a special writing project.
- Polish staff skills: Bring Ann to your organization for a “Make Your Copy More Creative” workshop.
- Boost your own abilities: Work with Ann to make your copy more creative in one-on-one writing coaching sessions.
- Learn more: Get free writing tips every month when you subscribe to our e-zine.
- Join the club: Get the whole story in the latest issue of Rev Up Readership. And find dozens of tipsheets on corporate humor at RevUpReadership.com.